Monday, August 20, 2012

garden update

I really really really love having a garden, it's awesome.  And the more gardening years we get under our belt (we're on number three woot!) the better the harvest.  This year has been totally wonderful, minus the drought thing.

Not cool mother nature.

But thankfully we're not trying to keep a huge legit farming field watered so it isn't so bad.  It's such a lovely feeling putting fresh food from the garden away for the winter, and that is what I plan to do a lot of in the next few days.

 corn. lots and lots of corn.

 these tomatoes I'm totally freaking out over lately. they are heirlooms, they are delicious, and they are being devoured daily.


 And what is my deal?  Why has it taken me so long to plant green beans?? I love them so much.


 Lastly, do you remember this little guy?

well he's not so little anymore - yay for watermelon!!!

3 comments:

  1. Im so jealous. Growing a garden in Missouri, the supposed former Garden of Eden, no matter my horticulture roots (ha!)is like planting a garden in the middle of a swamp. Do you know how hard that is! This year we have had a horrible drought as well. Luckily I get my canning done thanks to the produce auctions via the amish...either way, I'm just plum jealous of you I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've attempted gardening 3 years now and failed for 3 years. This year we got a little peas and some tomatoes, but last year I thought weed n feed works like fertilizer, it doesn't. So good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you win the most gorgeous watermelon award. seriously so awesome!

    ReplyDelete