Sunday, June 8, 2014

Dear Zoo, I love you.


Ok, the zoo is like one of my favorite places to go.  I feel like that's pretty much common knowledge, (I may or may not have counted four other posts...) and I'll admit I'm still like eight years old the moment I step inside. This time around Lily really got into it "Let's go see ANOTHER animal!" she'd say moments after spotting the one right in front of us.  There was a lot of dashing, and jumping up and down, even Wes seemed to enjoy himself.  The new thing at the zoo this year (the bonus to going every other year) was the African Savanna.  Guys, Hogle Zoo finally has lions.  I have been dying for them to get Lions for a long time (like I said perpetually an eight year old over here) and they were awesome.  I had the urge to jump in and just snuggle with them, and then I realized how that would end.  Badly... so I stayed safe behind the glass.




I will say, at least for Lily, the new splash park in the Rocky Shores exhibit was most definitely her favorite part and a welcome relief to all of that hot sun.  Seriously, Hogle Zoo - you are totally brilliant.








So much to see, so little time.  We raced around looking at all the animals we could find and then we packed up in the car and headed home. It was a pretty good day.























2 comments:

  1. Oh how Melesie loves her zoo animals! Ha ha. And hey there sporting a new doo I see, vet Rougue (X-men). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogle Zoo is doing good things, aren't they? I love the updates they've done in the past few years. We have yet to see the new exhibit. But I'm like you... so excited for lions!

    ReplyDelete