Friday, October 10, 2008

Life Changing

I know that normally I write posts that are odd and most of the time random, and I figure while I'm at it why not take it to another level? Let's talk food people. This morning Kyle informed me that we'd run out of lunch meat and therefore I would have to fend for myself come noon. (small side note - isn't it wonderful that my husband makes me lunches every day? I sure love that boy.) Anyways - I thought to myself that fast food sounded like an upset tummy and extra pounds added to my waistline, so I opted for leafy greens.

Now I must make mention that leafy greens are very rarely found in my diet. I think I had one too many salad bars in Middle School and I grew tired of them...or something - point being I don't eat salads. Before today I was under the impression that they were strictly for bunny rabbits and humans were meant to eat lovlier things like Grapes and Jello.

I've changed my mind. I had a salad today (from albertsons if you can believe it!) that was so wonderful I found myself acting like Bob Whiley in What About Bob? when he's eating the fried chicken.

'Mmmmm, oh Fay this is delicious!' minus the 'Fay'

I think my favorite part was that they included a lemon - nice touch. Probably the best Ceasar salad I've ever tasted and I'm a happy girl.

When I first met Kyle he explained to me that good food was Life Changing. I laughed then, but have since come to agree with him. What better way to explain it than life changing?

5 comments:

  1. HE makes lunch for YOU? honey that is unheard of. Seriously. I dont know ANY other hub that does that. Ten points for Kyle.
    And salads... its all about the dressing. Theres a brand called Newman's that has an AMAZING line. My fav is sesame ginger. Put that dressing on anything and Ill eat it. I mean it. ANYTHING. Those bunny rabbits dont know what theyre missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melese, I am writing to notify you that you are officially growing up.

    Two more points (for example going to bed before midnight 4 consecutive nights in a row or wearing shoes because they're comfortable even though they don't match your outfit) and you'll soon be ready to graduate!! The powers that be will then allow you to have kids of your own. So long as you continue to eat salad.

    Congratulations on this hard earned achievement:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to laugh at the comment above, for the "two more points" mentioned, cause I am known for wearing the ugliest but most comfortable shoes to work! I also go to bed at 10 every night and love salads, am I eligible to graduate?:)

    Ok, so if you are digging salads now, I also have a wonderful recommendation for salad dressing...Seasoned Rice Vinegar...it is sooooo good and good for you! I use it for these Asian chicken wraps I make and last night when I was making a salad with dinner I realized I didnt have any salad dressing, so I used the vinegar, and let me tell you, it was divine! You should deffinitely give it a go...

    Well, hope your doing good, miss and love your guts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I couldnt agree more- Kyle calls it life-changing, this is what I've been telling you for years- Food fills the soul. Either way, its a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kyle. I like good food :)

    ReplyDelete