Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trick or Treat...already?

It was a lovely Sunday afternoon, Kyle and I had settled down to a movie when we heard a light knock. I answered the door and what should greet me but "Trick or Treat!". Odd. If I hadn't been so taken aback I might have said, "now dear, have you checked your calendar lately?" Instead we did all we could think to do, we dropped a couple Otter Pops in the kids sack and sent him on his way. It was when the door shut that Kyle said what we were both thinking, "I feel like I've just been robbed."

Is Halloween coming earlier now? Man if I'd have known that was an option as a kid, I would have cleaned out the entire neighborhood long before the witching hour began. We thought for a bit about it afterwords and wondered if it had been a game all the kids were playing: who could fool the most people. How clever - whelp, they got us.

No comments:

Post a Comment