Thursday, January 21, 2010

Never ever ever

I  am so close to wiping something from life entirely, for-ever.

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I recall writing something about this months and months ago, and would you believe I'm still terrible at it?? I made a batch of dough today, and I was so hoping that I could take a picture of my beautiful creations and say, 'ta da! look at me!' But instead I'm forced to say this: I am a failure.

But I followed the recipe word for stinking word, I didn't even microwave the butter people!!! - and guess what?! they turned out like pancakes again. I even used a different recipe. What else do I have to do universe? When the first batch came out of the oven flatter than Kiera Knightly I was so upset I scooped them all up and threw them into a bowl. And then I ate the equivalent of like six cookies. Well I couldn't just throw them away. That's a whole lot of butter and delicious chocolate WASTED!  Unfortunately all that butter and chocolate is now sitting quite heavily in my stomach. Translation? I now feel sick.  Sick. sick. sick.

Note to self: never do this again.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh! So sorry! If you find you ever want to try again (which I'm sure you will- just give yourself time to heal) I am emailing you my recipe.

    And good grief girl. The Keira Knightly comment made me snort with laughter! Good. Night. Nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there and am now crowned the cookie making queen of my family. Want to know the trick? When you beat the butter and sugar, beat it until it looks like whipping cream. Really light and fluffy!!! then add the eggs and beat again until super smooth. Works every time! You better say if it works!! That is when you get over how sick they just made you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When your cookies are flat, that doesn't mean you failed! Just add more flour. As long as the dough tastes good, you are good to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out Alton Brown's episode Chips for Sister Marsha. He goes over recipes for three types of cookies; chewy, puffy, and thin. I don't use butter, but crisco-because it doesn't melt as fast as butter in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it looks like you've been given enough advice to make the perfect cookie...so I guess I won't add any more, i'll just ask that you invite me over once you've figured it all out! haha Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a great recipe that uses crisco, and they turn out well. If you lived close I would invite you over and we could make them together. email me if you want it.

    ReplyDelete