Saturday, June 8, 2013

pregnancy shinannigans



25 Weeks

- this kid is an acrobat.  so.much.wiggling.
- it is getting crazy hot and I'm thinking skirts and dresses are in order
- watermelon is my new best friend
- if it ain't stretchy it ain't going over the belly
- coming up on the third trimester, WEIRD

Ok, I kind of need to unload here, so prepare yourselves. I really hate how pregnancy puts you on a big long roller coaster of emotions.  I was doing fine until about a week ago, and now it's kind of like this:

I love this cute little bump.  I can't wait for this baby.  I'm so not ready for this baby.  Ok, that shirt isn't going to work anymore. Oh! He's kicking!  A small human being hijacked my body and is blowing it up like a balloon.  Yo baby, get off of my bladder.  Oh the newborn pictures I will take.  It is SOOOOOO hot!  I think I should break all of my mirrors... and my scale.  He is going to look so stinking cute in this onesie.  Labor, AHHHHHHH!  Two, how in the world am I going to do two??!!  Yay, siblings!

...and I could go on and on, now ladies tell me - am I right, or AM I RIGHT???!  Insanity.  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I can go to the gym three or four times a week and still watch my body get wider and wider.  I get it, I get that you are supposed to gain weight during pregnancy, it's healthy, the baby needs it yada yada yada, but it's still weird people.  Oh well, c'est la vie.  I suppose an adorable baby boy is worth all of this turmoil - let's just fast forward to the end where I get to meet him, ready go.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you realize that growth is important. It's so hard listening to girls talk about how excited they are to become a mom, and in the same sentence, complain about their bodies.
    I too can't wait to see all the newborn pictures!
    Oh, and remember and have faith that your mommy love multiplies, and not divides, with each child. It's going to be amazing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy, can I ever relate!
    Yes, fast forward button puuulEZE!
    Gorgeous pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the negatives will disappear in the first hour after he's born so don't even worry about any of it. Seriously. There was a study my MIL told me about that measured a case study of mother's emotions before birth and one hour after. Beforehand it's "still hard to imagine it even really being real"/ how am I going to do this/ stress, stress, stress... then just one hour afterward the mothers were all willing to die for that baby. Plus, the great part, you get to keep the feelings one hour afterward forever on :) -- that's what you'll always remember. --Meg

    ReplyDelete