I'm honestly not sure when it started or even how it started but when Wesley was very small (like teeny tiny babe) Lily started calling him Master Wesley. She thought she was hilarious (of course) but I really think she hit the nail right on the head; sometimes I feel like I gave birth to a little old man. Only not creepy "Benjamin Button" style, more like cute slightly grumpy but we love him anyway "Up" style. You should see him walk, no, you should see him RUN. It's like the cutest thing on the face of this planet and will make you giggle, I guarantee it. Wesley's short little chunky body is just soooooo little old man, with his pot belly and short little legs, and it nearly kills me every single day. He's giving me a run for my money - like literally he steals anything within his reach on the table and the other day it was a dollar bill. He's going to grow up to be something like Dennis the Menace and, yes, I am scared.
Anyhoo, a while back I took some pictures of Lily in her own room playing with her things and after Wesley woke up from his morning nap the light was coming in through his windows like a dream, so I grabbed my camera and photographed him in his space (mess included). This is how kids live, their rooms are clean about 10% of the time and I'm learning to just embrace it rather than lose my cool over it. Sometimes the mess is where the memories are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment