First of all... Um, I have the most adorable child on the planet. And I'm totally allowed to say that, right?
Lily Jeane - (for both of our grandmothers) Miller was born on September 16th at 2:22 AM and we are SO glad to have her here finally. Granted she was still two weeks early but when you go into pre-term labor six weeks early while you're visiting your inlaws in Seattle, the waiting game is a million times worse. It's been a pretty crazy month but now that our little girl is here everything feels just perfect. ... oh yeah and she's perfect, did I mention that? Perfectly adorable and tiny, she was 6 lbs. 2 oz. when she was born.
Alrighty, so pictures:
Isn't she a doll?

We decided we're pretty much crazy about her feet, I swear we took like a million pictures of them... not so sure why - they're just darn cute! And look at those toes, long eh?

She's already a Daddy's girl :)

So about a day after we took her home the doctor called us back for "light therapy" because her jaundice was bad enough to need it. They stripped her down(she was super angry about that) and put these little foam glasses on her to protect her eyes from the lights. Most hilarious thing ever, her first sun bathing. :) Although I was so not a fan of them poking and prodding my little munchkin or the fact that she was so unhappy :(
Lily Jeane - (for both of our grandmothers) Miller was born on September 16th at 2:22 AM and we are SO glad to have her here finally. Granted she was still two weeks early but when you go into pre-term labor six weeks early while you're visiting your inlaws in Seattle, the waiting game is a million times worse. It's been a pretty crazy month but now that our little girl is here everything feels just perfect. ... oh yeah and she's perfect, did I mention that? Perfectly adorable and tiny, she was 6 lbs. 2 oz. when she was born.
Alrighty, so pictures:
Isn't she a doll?

We decided we're pretty much crazy about her feet, I swear we took like a million pictures of them... not so sure why - they're just darn cute! And look at those toes, long eh?

She's already a Daddy's girl :)

So about a day after we took her home the doctor called us back for "light therapy" because her jaundice was bad enough to need it. They stripped her down(she was super angry about that) and put these little foam glasses on her to protect her eyes from the lights. Most hilarious thing ever, her first sun bathing. :) Although I was so not a fan of them poking and prodding my little munchkin or the fact that she was so unhappy :(
geez louise it was a long night! My face here is priceless... 'get me out of here'. :)
So basically we're doing great, and really looking forward to coming home next weekend. Yay!
PS... I LOVE being a mom :) I mean look at this face:



Sorry, Melese, but according to your blog you're still 11 days away from the baby's arrival. Are you sure it's yours?
ReplyDeleteAhh, just kidding!! She's SO adorable! Absolutely sweet and precious and Tiny. Congrats to you both! I'm so happy for you!
Oh my goodness Melese!! Congratulations! She is the cutest thing you'll ever see. Oh my goodness. I wanted to cry when I saw your blog. She's adorable! You must be so happy. Man, everyone and their short labors these days. I bet I am going to have the longest labor ever! Anyways, I am so happy for you! Good luck with everything! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!! And she IS adorable!!
ReplyDeleteI love the photos you and your husband take! They are gong to make the greatest memories for your daughter's daughters someday! I love the way you guys capture emotions in your photos, especially the "get me out of here!" photo! I feel like you and Lily are waiting at the DMV for some paperwork and you have a brithday party to get to!
ReplyDeleteI CAN'T WAIT TO SQUISH HER!!! Yeah, so pretty much the cutest 6lb baby ever (I have to specify or Reese might be sad)! And I'm SO excited that you're coming back so I can enjoy both her and you and Kyle again! Oh-- So much joy!
ReplyDeleteYay for right arms and teeny tiny babies with really long toes! ;)
Love you!
Oops, I guess I'm signed in as Ryan, but I''m betting you know who it is anyway! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! I am so glad that she is here and that you get to go home and get back to normal life. I bet it has been hard! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Ya know, Lily and I had a deal all along (we're tight like that) so the Sept. 16th thing was planned but I just couldn't tell anyone.
ReplyDeleteLove love love the pictures!! She IS just gorgeous...but what else would you expect with her being born on the most perfect day of the year.
Congratulations !
Congratulations!!!! What a tiny little perfect dollie!! She is adorable and I'm SO happy for you!!! This makes me wish so much that we lived closer to each other!! Miss you tons!! And I hope you're getting the sleep you need!! Lots of love!
ReplyDeleteSHE IS SO ADORABLE! I love all the pics, too. It sounds like you're doing well and that you love being a mom. Congrats and keep the updates coming!
ReplyDeleteI've been checking everyday for pictures. I was sooo happy to hear that everything went well. My goodness, She is so beautiful!! We are so excited to meet her and happy to have you guys home. Let us know if you need anything at all! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet her.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS MELESE!!! It sounded like a lot of great fun getting her here ;) but all that matters is that she IS here and doing well! She's gorgeous and I'm SUPER excited for you! I hope recovery treats you well-you look great!
ReplyDeleteSHE IS SOOO CUTE! Yea for Lily and the Millers coming back to town! (ps: i hope that you are okay that I got mainly pink things for lily) some moms are anti-pink and that my dear is a sad thing.
ReplyDeletethanks for all the compliments girl :)im so happy that you are coming home soon
MELESE!!!OK so seriously i've checked your blog every day for news!!! I read Molly's blog and found out that you went into preterm labor in Seattle and i've been watching for an update from you ever since!! She is absolutely GORGEOUS and I can't wait to see more pictures! So are you still in Seattle then? You look so good girl! I can't wait to talk to you! Keep me updated! I love the name Lily!!!
ReplyDelete