Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Pumpkin Time!

I love Halloween and I love carving pumpkins. There's just something about carving faces in a squash that brings joy to my heart. Who thought of this tradition anyway? Whoever it was I hope they got a medal or a ribbon, or at least a real nice plate of brownies.




I thought I'd throw in a less than maniacal look (aka a smile :)) I mean, I am holding a rather sharp knife... and yes there are about four knives in our pumpkin... just in case.



Molly and Reese came to join in the fun, although Reese was kind enough to fill their pumpkin right back up with goop after Molly scooped it out, as if to say " I can't believe you took this out, it goes in the pumpkin silly."

Kyle and I had one pumpkin so we each carved a face in it. Looking back on it we really should have gone with a "two face" theme from batman... oh well - next year :)

The finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment