Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm so Proud it Hurts

Seriously. I don't normally do anything related to sewing... it scares me. But I decided I was going to make Lily a stocking, because she's just that important to me. :) I'm so pleased with the way it turned out. Sometimes Kyle will catch me just looking at it sitting above our fireplace or answer "yes dear" to the question I've asked one hundred and fifty seven times, "isn't it just so cute?". He's a real good man. And who knew I could actually finish a sewing project? Granted the actual sewing was quite minimal but definitely a good step into the sewing world. Well enough talk, here it is!



I would like to credit Molly for a. the idea of the button as the i dot... um, brilliant and b. the use of her absolutely adorable ribbon I used to write Lily's name, oh yeah -- and c. this magical stuff she introduced me to that allows you to iron fabric onto other fabrics! I know. It's amazing. Almost as amazing as this cleaning stuff she showed me that's made of cherry pits and can seriously get anything clean... basically the girl's full of amazing things. :)

I'm just happy as a clam :) I may not be able to make chocolate chip cookies, but dang I can sew a stocking!

5 comments:

  1. Good job there!! There is just something about passing on the stocking tradition and thinking "THIS is the stocking my sweet little girl is going to be dreaming up all her little girl Christmas dreams about year after year" that is just so fun and inspiring! It's also helpful that Molly is nearby because we all know that you're not one bit creative on your own. (um, that was a joke.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome! I have a confessions... I started sewing stockings for my little family 3 YEARS ago and JUST finished the first one! BBBBBaaaaahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is So cute!! You did something I haven't even dared to try! Kudos- it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too think it turned out A-dor-able! (That was with a french accent, just so you know ;)
    And, also, I mentioned this before, but your photo looks like something our Martha Stewart Living. . . in a good way.

    I always knew Meg thought I was better than you. ;)

    ReplyDelete