Saturday, September 18, 2010

make way for the one year old!

Okay, seriously, how did this happen?

My tiny little baby




Is growing up



Get ready for a whole slew of pictures.  You think I'm kidding?  Nope.  We took A LOT of pictures.  What did you expect?

First birthday, this is a big deal, we were feeling the pressure to do something killer - so we took her to Wheeler Farm in SLC - jack pot, we nailed it!  She had so much fun looking at the cows and the ducks and seeing a chicken here or there, it was a hit.

Lunch on the lawn, notice that her leg isn't touching, she would have kept both off the grass if she could have - this little girl does not like the pokiness of new grass blades




There was a brand new calf that had been born that morning - Lily was thrilled, thrilled.  I think she wanted to give it a hug and welcome it to the world.








checking out the ducks


I think we wore her right out, she fell asleep about five minutes into the ride home :)



The cake.  Here's the footage :)


Lily's One! from kyle miller on Vimeo.

I finally got her started on the cake, and once started, she couldn't stop.  eeeexcellent :) And who else is shocked that she kept her birthday hat on??  I was not expecting that one to fly, but I'm so happy it did!!


This picture is of Kyle on his first birthday, we thought it might be fun to have a side by side - aww, my two favorite people, just eatin' cake. :)




What a great day, we love you birthday girl!



7 comments:

  1. Awww, how fun!! Happy 1st birthday to Lily! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love all the pictures. And I'm way impressed she kept her hat on. Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she's so darling! Happy birthday, big girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable pictures of such an adorable girl. I can't believe she's one already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no such thing as too many pictures. Especially of such a cute little girl! (with a cute mommy too!)
    Happy birthday Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute post! I can't believe she gets cuter with time. Every time, suter and cuter. it's got to stop! right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hooray! i can't believe i haven't been your v.t. for that long. went by fast. she's a cutie!

    btw, i want to give you a good photo place tip. the yoga studio is moving to where a bella bridal used to be (across from bajios) in riverwoods. well, they painted the window trim bright yellow, and in the walkway area there, they painted the wall bright pink and the trim yellow. it's such a good place for photos! well, the owners don't like it and it will get re-painted. so sad, cause it looks amazing. but go take pics there before they do, please! if you need a model, i'll volunteer. :D

    ReplyDelete