I think we know now that I do not handle terrifying situations involving my child well, see prior events. I'm not sure where my calm cool-headedness even goes when crazy things happen, but it goes far faaaar away.
A few nights ago Kyle and I were enjoying a beautiful evening out on the patio watching Lily scamper around (on all fours of course, walking does not interest our little imp just yet, hooray!) and grilling some burgers. She has a swing out there that she absolutely loves, it hangs from the patio and she sings with glee as she goes back and forth. Kyle went to sit her in it from behind and we hear this crazy buzzing. buzzing. Kyle yelled, "get her out get her out" I scooped lily up and saw a GINORMOUS bumble bee crawling angrily around her back. I then flipped out.
All I remember is flinging her (the poor dear) around in a huge circle screaming to Kyle 'GET IT OFF!', (we really must have sounded quite terrifying to the neighbors) meanwhile Lily is crying because she knows something is wrong (what gave us away?) and she is being whipped around and jiggled from side to side and the bee is still holding on for dear life.
If only I could freeze that moment in time, I might laugh forever. And in fact I did right after it happened - I laughed and laughed and even interrupted our dinner prayer by laughing. All I could think was, good heavens Melese, when are you going to get a grip?!
We did finally get it off of her, with poor Kyle taking one for the team. But sometimes I wonder how in the world I'm ever going to make it if we have boys. Where is the mellow Melese when I need her? Come back mellow Melese, come back!
Anyway, on a much lovelier note, our pear tree is doing so fantastically well! I picked just the ground level pears and this is what I got:
who's ready to can?! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




you make me laugh. i'd probably have reacted the same way.
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny. Don't you love when you both crack up during a prayer? Super reverent!
ReplyDeleteyou have a pear tree??? NO FAIR!
ReplyDeleteHah-ha!
ReplyDeleteI know you weren't there for this memory, but I'm sure you've heard of the time when Sara jumped in a frozen lake and came out just freezing (couldn't even walk) so our friend Ben picked her up and carried her and Abby ran over (trying to be helpful as only Abby can) and handed her her shoe...one shoe...to warm her up. So funny!