our child crawls now.
put that together with a home improvement project (soon to be finished, pictures coming!), and you get nothing done plus - added bonus - your child gets to put "i ate paint as a child" on their life's essay.
Caught, and not happy about it, especially since we wouldn't let her shove her hands into her mouth like she kept trying to do.
disclaimer: we are not negligent parents, just inexperienced and slower.... soooo much slower than our little girl. She was out the back door and making friends with the paint stick in a matter of seconds, how do they move so fast??? Not to worry the little doll is just fine aside from still having a bit of paint stuck to her nose (thank you poison control for reassuring us on that one). But I was not okay. I had a flash forward to how I may react when my children come in bloodied up by something - an absolute basket case. I completely lost my head, like a silly old chicken. Lily was just fine once she got to hold the shampoo bottle in the bathtub (it's the simple things really) - and I was wishing I could find something to comfort me so effortlessly. What a SCARE! We'll be keeping both eyes completely open watching her at all times from now on... if only, right?
Welcome to parenthood, again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh my goodness! How scary! I would've been the same way. I'm so glad she's okay and that she is crawling yay!!! That is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteOh, the joys. I'm glad she's okay! She is still adorable too :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete