Thursday, July 29, 2010

the unveiling!

We owe all inspiration to a lovely blog written by a cute young couple that are king and queen of diy, seriously.  It's really what jump started us into thinking, 'hey, we can do this!'  I sort of feel like a kid in a candy shop with all of their fantastic tutorials - in my head I'm planning out lily's room next :)

Okay so it only took us a week.... which felt like for-ever, but totally worth it especially considering that this is what we started out with:


the wood I thought was a little distracting and 'closing in' feeling so we switched it up:




I love love love the minty paint color - the yellow was just a bit much (a quick and terrible choice when we first moved in, at night the yellow looked green-ish, ick).  As I was painting I wanted to lick a delicious cone of mint chocolate chip... mmmm, still sounds good.
before... please ignore the fact that I forgot to take "before" pictures before removing all the cabinet doors :)

after...

notice anything different? how about the range hood??  that's the magic of spray paint people.



before...


after...


how much do we love these handles??


so much.

and of course the dishwasher.  Hooray for one that actually washes dishes and it's so darn pretty too!!




so basically we're pretty darn proud of ourselves - it still needs a few finishing touches but the wow factor is pretty big for us.  Two buckets of paint and a week later = one brand new kitchen.

Lily's even pretty psyched about it - once we got all the paint off her face of course :)



9 comments:

  1. love it!! great job! Although if looking at that paint always makes you want mint ice cream...that could be bad! haha Miss ya girl. Love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second EVERY WORD Jami said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love! Oh my goodness, you are totally hired- you know, whenever we have a house to refinish ourselves. ;)

    SO MUCH LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That looks amazing. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! sooo martha! can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it!!!!! the colors are so inviting. gives me lots of ideas for that someday house of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks incredible! Love that picture of Lily's grin, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so good!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete