how depressing, as it turns out gardening is hard. I'm not sure why this thought never entered my mind. I'm pretty sure I've heard many successful gardeners say, "just plant it, and let it grow" - how exactly do you "let" things grow? Cause mine are dying - the poor things look like they've been ambushed and beaten with a steel bat. poor little flowers. I planted some in our window boxes out back and in a little flower bed underneath - dying dying dying. I just wanted to plant them and let them growwwww! And the idea that actual know how is needed is a bit depressing. How many dead plants will it take? One? Two? Three? Four? ...let me finish, Five? Six? Seven? (that was for all you Office fans out there)
Anyway, I'm letting the poor darlings down, excuse me die, and the more I read the more confused I become and realize what a gi-normous mess I've gotten myself into.
I am murdering my plants. I am a plant murderer. A plant murderer with criminally black thumbs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I hear you honey! Sorry I don't have any advise- everytime I've asked one of the "expert gardeners" why my herbs are dying they just look at me and say, "I don't know- basil is like a weed- I never knew you could kill it!"
ReplyDeleteYikes. But then, I do have issues with watering sometimes. :)
Yes, I must wonder, Are you a good water-er? That's usually my issue. I've been Super good this year and watering every other day and so far (with only minor fatalities) ours are doing well.
ReplyDeleteI also am a really big fan of digging the dead plants up and returning them, with their reciept to the store for new ones. I know at least Wal-mart and Home Depot will do that...trust me I've used those services many a time.
The most amazing experience of gardening came last year for us. And you know why?? Because we needed that garden to eat from while Steve was still job searching and I PRAYED on that garden!! I'm convinced that's why it did so well. This year's is an iffy "okay", with my mother in law visiting last month commenting (rightly so) that my plants are looking "a little afraid to live". My advice (and no it's not a joke) is to remember to pray on your garden if you want it to produce.
ReplyDeleteBTW, have you used your wonder pillows yet? You know I'm gonna show up Super Nanny style at your house and see that you do!