Wednesday, September 8, 2010

peachy keen

Yay for September!  My most favorite month of the year, doesn't is just sound pretty?  Well, I'm not sure how many of you know my past history with peaches but it's a love affair that goes way way back.  I love them, they make me so happy, sooooo happy people.  Molly and I love them so much that last weekend we zipped right down to a local fruit stand and snagged an entire box.  It was seriously all we could do not to eat all of them on the way home.  Although, that's more than I can say for these two:




They begged and begged... especially Lily :)

Now we didn't get this gi-normous box of peaches for casual eating, oh no... we are totally grown up and canning things!  Mom, are you so proud??  I think both Molly and I were shocked at how easy it was, seriously.


they're so beautiful!





So proud... now I just have to remind myself to use them sparingly cause they are sooooo delicious!  High Five Moll!!

4 comments:

  1. Good job you guys! One little tip for you: when you store those be sure that you do not store them with the rings on them as they might un-seal and then re-seal again if the ring is on. It happens, mine did that a couple summers ago.

    If they for some reason un-seal you want to be able to tell that they're not sealed before you go to eat them.

    I love peaches too, they would be absolutely the perfect food if they didn't have that repelling fuzz on them. I can't ever stand to just bite into one, I always have to peel that part off first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delish! I want to go get some peaches now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look delicious. mmm...

    ReplyDelete