Don't be deceived by the cuteness (it's a dangerous game.)
She's almost two, so I think that pretty much explains it. Don't get me wrong I love the little muffin, but do you ever just want to sail away for a while and try to remember what it was like before you had kids? No strollers, no extra dangerously heavy bags, and no screaming. We did. And guess what?
We totally got our wish.
Kyle's parents came into town and, being the fabulously doting grandparents they are, offered to watch Lily overnight. Ahhhhhhh!! right?! I for one was counting down the days until they got here and we could trade our little cherub for a weekend away blissfully alone!
We went to Park City (remember how I said I loved it SO much?) and spent the afternoon dead asleep in our hotel. I know, pathetic. We finally get away from our zippy little one and what do we do? SLEEP. It was divine.
And it's funny because my mom was telling me, "oh you'll get away and all you'll do is miss her." And all I could think was 'are you kidding? we're going to be gone for two days, I love her, but I'm not so sure I'll miss her.' wrong. wrong wrong wrong. I totally missed her. After we woke up the next morning, I really really missed her. Our sweet little munchkin with her toothy smile, I missed her loads. It was only when the first screams ensued that I remembered why I'd wanted to leave... oh yes. :)
A fun fun trip, but in the end I realized there's really no going back to "before we had children" cause we're parents now, and I would weep if I didn't get me some lily every day - even if that lily is a screaming lily.
kyle and I are so silly, sometimes we enjoy walking through neighborhoods and looking at the houses more than walking down mainstreets... ps loads of sweet looking houses ridiculously out of our price range. (we're talking multiple millions people, can you even imagine having that much money?)
we had a delicious meal at the Red Banjo. And we sat up on the terrace as it rained - it was awesome.
I love how cool Kyle looks while he's eating his pizza as opposed to the animal next to him.
I was hungry okay?
such a wonderful trip - and just in case you were wondering, I would totally live in this barn if I could.











i'm glad you got a getaway. i miss my cat when we leave for a couple days, so i'm sure once i take a break from this little one (which won't be for a while since she's not even officially here yet) i'll be pathetic. looks like you had a good time though. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! Sometimes a break is what we need. P.S. I always love your pics :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! We need one of those bad!! Can't wait till the nursing is over so we can actually escape for a day :)It's so true about missing them the whole time though. Kind of ironic how that all works, Crystal Sherman
ReplyDeleteThe beauty of it is that while you were away sleeping, waking through neighborhoods, and missing Lily we were at your house living it up with the little Lily-kins! Thanks for the happy times, and thanks for being home just before she caught on and lost it!
ReplyDeleteTrina