Saturday, October 1, 2011

obsession: pride and prejudice

 Lily and I have been watching a lot of Pride and Prejudice lately.  I just got it at f.y.e. cause I've been wanting it for like ever (just ask my sister, every time I visit I insist on watching it).  Anyway, I've literally been watching pieces of it every day, usually as I'm editing photos or something.  I love nearly everything about it; the music, the filming (GORGEOUS, especially the last scene with all the sunbursts etc. see picture above - gasp! ), and the pace of it.  Don't get me wrong the BBC version is most definitely a classic, but it is SO freaking long, and let's face it there is absolutely no comparison in film quality - eighties: bleh.  I also think they cast it much better than the BBC version.  For starters, Jane being the beauty of the county is actually believable.  She's this country rose type - perfect.  And I love lady Catherine as well as the Mother Bennet.  I'll admit I was terribly disappointed with Mr. Darcy the first few times I watched it, but he's really grown on me and now I feel he fits the part really well.

I'm a huge fan of the film, did I mention that?  A HUGE FAN. 


On a small side note, I've been told more than once that I look like Keira Knightley, and I have to admit that occasionally while watching Pride and Prejudice I catch glimpses of myself.  I'm totally famous. lol. But the other day Lily and I were watching it together (again) and as soon as Elizabeth appeared on screen lily pointed to her and said, "mommy!" ... well now it's solidified.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, I going to have to watch this with you some time.

    For you see, I've rented this once and gotten it from the library once and I've fallen asleep BOTh times.

    Shame, I know. I'll try again.

    'cause I love a good weepy movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally do look like her. And she's not too shabby of a person to look like I'd say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, literally every time I see a picture with you in it I think to myself "Wow, she looks so much like Keira Knightly in Pride and Prejudice, I wonder if she knows..." Every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just going to make that comment so I am glad to hear the proof, if Lily is saying "mommy" I think that is coming from an expert opinion. Was your photo session with Lily under the white sheet kind of inspired by the movie since they have that one seen where Jane and Elizabeth are talking under the covers? just curious. I haven't looked at anyone's blog since school started so I just wanted to say also that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lily's birthday party pics.. you are so creative and your family so darling. Thanks for sharing so I can get an updated on how everything's going. If I look at your blog I don't miss you so much... still we should hang out sometime. -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where have you been all my life...thats it, I'm adding you to my blog roll so I never.lose.you.again. You are beautiful. Your daughter is a doll, and I want you to take my family pics next year...you gonna be in missouri soon?
    hugs
    your long lost buddy,
    morgan

    ReplyDelete