Friday, June 22, 2012
absent
exhausted. I feel like that adequately describes my feelings at the end of a very long week. Kyle has been out of town for work this week and I have been single parenting it... just for the record - not. a. fan. I'm not too good at being without the hubbs. I stay up waaaay too late, eat a sickly amount of chocolate, and miss him like a crazy person. Then there's our child. She's awesome, and adorable, and totally bananas. Being on parent duty with her 24 hours a day without any breaks is a teensy bit soul crushing. Especially when she decides to wet her bed and poop in her panties within the same hour...oh did I mention that hour was six thirty in the morning?
But there were good moments too of course. Like when we went up to the mountains to see the sun rise... that was nice, or when we took a trip to SLC to check out a photo location and then stopped and had burgers at Hire's. yum.
but honestly doing those fun things almost just made me miss him more. Not to mention that Lily has been asking about him more and more with every day he's been gone. We are lonely without our daddy and counting down the hours until he makes it back to us. I suppose absence really does make the heart grow fonder... that and it totally sucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




aww, you can do it! (if I can, anyone can!) Love Lily's cute nails! I stopped painting madi's because she's a nail biter.. :/ still do her toes though!
ReplyDeleteI love the fingernail picture, too! You have an ability to get us to focus on things that might otherwise be missed. Go Melese! BTW, the Lily stuff was (sadly) perfectly normal. Rejoice that you're all together now!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Trina