Tuesday, June 12, 2012

lets go see the animals

I just have to start this post by saying that I freaking love Lily getting older.  She is so much stinkin' fun and when we told her we were going to the zoo this morning she gasped and threw her hands up over her mouth. Um, cute.  "I wanna see the aminals!" she kept saying, and boy did we.



 looks like we've got a juvenile on our hands...


 blowing the gorilla kisses, I think he needed them, he looked super grumpy... thank you solid glass for - you know - being there.


 Now the monkeys, gorillas, tigers (and random other meandering animals) we saw first were super cool, but the zoo's new "Rocky Shores" exhibit stole the show.  Seriously, AMAZING.




The Polar Bear was my favorite.  Although looking into his super deep pool (above) made me feel a little shaken, like a whale was going to come crashing through the glass at any moment....*shutter*

Check out his awesome dive :)







 we left happy and totally tuckered.  what a good day.


5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12 June, 2012

    Absolutely fantastic! Thank you!

    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the zoo!!! I didn't know the bear exhibit was finished yet- we will definitely have to check that out. And, of course, I'm with you on the whale shudder- yikes.

    Please tell me you sunscreened that cutie up- I was just remembering poor Kyle, the lobster. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute- the gorilla made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to go soon! Thanks for posting such great pics so I could enjoy the zoo second hand. Lily is one cute girl!!

    ReplyDelete