Sunday, November 25, 2012

be warned



Okay peeps, it's about to get sappy up in here.  

Five years ago I was working as a waitress at Los Hermanos.  Yep, I was the one in the t-shirt and black skirt (really Los, really?) running up and down stairs with big ol' trays in my hands.  It was one of those jobs that pretty much just paid the bills (except that it didn't) and allowed me to sleep in until nine in the morning. Cell phones were banned, for understandable reasons, but when a certain Kyle Miller called me close to the end of my shift that day and left a message I ran up those stairs and found a deserted room to listen to it.  I pretty much jumped out of my skin when I heard what he was saying - I mean, the man was FINALLY asking me out!  


Five years ago we went out on our first date and five years ago I fell totally in love, hook line and sinker.  



 
It's crazy to think that it was that long ago and also strange to think of there ever being a time when I didn't have him on my speed dial, sitting next to me, or making future plans with him.   Here's a then and now from our engagements. 




Hey, baby, thanks for asking me out.

1 comment: