Wednesday, November 28, 2012

the human race

I ran a 5k people, me, Melese, I ran the whole way.  I'm not sure if you realize this, but this is a really big deal.  I ran, and I sprinted across the finish line. Um WAHOO!  I think the best part was that this 5k was on Thanksgiving... you know, that day we've set aside to eat about 90% more than we should and then sit around all day and take naps?  ...okay scratch the hit on naps, I like those.  But honestly, what better day to be active than the day we do nothing but feast?!  It was amazing, I felt so great afterwards - unlike someone I know.  I think next time Kyle might actually go for at least a few runs before tackling a 5k but the lamo still beat all of us with his crazy long legs, so who knows.  Some people are just built for running and they just cream their wives' time like it's no biggie even when she'd been training for three weeks and he did absolutely nothing!!! ... okay I got that out of my system, I'm okay now.

I'm thinking that this should be a tradition.  Happy Thanksgiving!!



 our group name was, the flying parrots, I think I caught molly mid "caw-caw!" :)

early morning peanut butter toast. yum.

 WE DID IT!!!

 I almost felt bad for him... almost ;)



3 comments:

  1. you are awesome!!! congrats on the achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I'm super impressed!! Way to go Mese!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this post makes me happy.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete