It's a weird tradition. If you really think about it, and I was the other day, it's sort of horrible what we do to evergreen trees during the month of December... we chop them down, slowly killing them throughout the month, and then we pop them in the fire when Christmas is over (at least we do). I think that may be (someday, far in the future) the only thing that would ever change my mind about having a real tree for Christmas, because real trees are just so insanely wonderful. Okay, enough cogitation.
Like I mentioned in my last post we took off this weekend to pick out our lovely tree. We found this wonderful little tree farm in Alpine, I think their name is Beck Christmas Tree Farm... or something like that. Anyway, it was this charming place with rows and rows of here and there Christmas trees. I kind of liked that they weren't totally straight, and I kind of liked that the trees didn't seem to be groomed. I've got a wild side to me, not to mention they were BLUE SPRUCE!! I have this obsession with blues, all of them I love dearly... just look at all the walls in my house: blue, blue, blue-ish gray, white, blue - anyway, I digress. We all had a great time, minus the fact that Saturday was the day that Utah decided to start winter... and we were a little less than ready. I mean, where were my gloves (I stole Kyle's)? But we found a winner and brought it home. It is by far the most beautiful tree we have ever had, ever.
the big long stick was to measure the right tree height.
our christmas tree!!!
just hangin' out with the baby trees.
the bottom of the tree is my favorite. this was lily's decorating area. she made a little family of pine cones here, the mommy, daddy, baby, and grandma and grandpa. lol.
Merry Christmas!!













The Christmas tree is perfect girl! Love it. Merry Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteSo so Darling!!!
ReplyDelete