Saturday, December 7, 2013

thanksgiving... a while later



Goodness, who knew it would take so long to dig myself out of the Thanksgiving bustle?? ...oh man, here I am posting about a holiday that's already been run over by Christmas.  But let's be honest doesn't that happen to poor Thanksgiving the minute Halloween is over?

Anyhoo, we had a GREAT family get together, lots of family, lots of food, and lots of RUNNING!  That's right, we hit the 5k again this year, and I'm gonna give myself a serious pat on the back for running the whole thing and getting a few seconds better from my time last year - booyah.  My family has already heard me shout out from the mountain tops: "And I just had a baby! Wahoo!"  So sorry blog reading folk (especially if you are family members that have already heard me shout out from the mountain tops), but I'm kinda proud of myself - just a teensy bit.

 {before the race}



  {after}


it was totally awesome... except maybe for Justin. Please run with us again Justin, I promise if you train before hand it won't hurt so bad.  Just like Kyle, *shaking head*

The rest of Thanksgiving was wonderful; we watched the parade and score, the Turkeys got done early, say whaaaaat??!  I know, right?  We had a pretty full house with my family and Kyle's family there for dinner but everyone left full and happy, and thankfully we have a lovely backyard where the kiddles could play and the weather was GORGEOUS.... which seems funny now that we're covered in about two feet of snow.

Yet another thing to be thankful for on that day.




 {give me some turkey, woman!}



 {my mother is a table decorating genius, how beautiful is this???}









 {because thanksgiving just isn't complete without a little dancing}







the gratitude is just BURSTING inside of me!  What a wonderful year it has been, we are so happy to have such a wonderful little family of our own that has grown by one and to be surrounded by so many loving people.  This is me signing off before the tears start, Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. These photos are so beautiful. You've really got some talent, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely no shame in bragging about the 5K :) Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete