Monday, December 2, 2013

mother of two




I'm discovering that this whole mother of two business is just as hard as everyone said it would be.

people. it. is. hard.

It's also great, and crazy and fast paced... except for when it's slow and drawn out and maybe a teensy bit boring.  I think my feelings about being a parent and mother dip and fly about eighty times a day, from thoughts of, 'there is nothing I'd rather be doing in my life' to 'when will I get to finish a freaking bowl of cereal without having to give some of it away or put it down to feed someone else?!'  Life has become awfully demanding, but it's also become better, and I can't even tell you in words how - it just has.  These two are just tucked so deep inside my heart that even on the bad days its still totally and completely worth it. Motherhood is so complicated, in a beautiful kind of way.





1 comment:

  1. I know after having Zackary, I couldn't believe people would actually have more than two, on purpose! But after a few months things seemed to calm down. We still have bad days but they are fewer, and the good days are glorious. :) Your kids are precious!

    ReplyDelete