Thursday, May 29, 2014

flower girl











This girl.  I've been battling a lot with this four year old lately and sometimes it makes me wonder if she still likes me at all. Then I get the flowers.  It always starts with her little crooked smile and then in a whispering (but not really whispering) voice she says to me, "Mom! I have a surprise for you, CLOSE YOUR EYES!" It is soooo exciting for her that I can hear her squealing as I close my eyes and when I open them there she is grinning like mad and holding out a little bouquet of some flower or another - this time it was baby pansies.  She is such a sweet kid, sometimes I wish we could just zoom past all of the bad days to the really good ones, so that I can nestle in real close to the side of my kid that is my absolute favorite.  At least I know that when flowers are picked they are usually for me, her mama, and that makes me feel pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment