When I normally think of the word "hammer" I think, tool, yes? Oh no, apparently "hammers" are people who are obsessed to a frightening degree with Ham Radio. Kyle took his "ham test" last week so that we'll be prepared should cell phone reception be cut in an emergency, and ran into what might have been mistaken as a star trek convention. Guys who were getting their expert license saying things like, "Oh man I studied for hours and hours, and then...I realized, I forgot to study section 4C!" Alas, no costumes.
Ham Radio I guess is like chatting on the internet, and these guys are nuts about it. I'll grant that it is pretty sweet, especially given the fact that you can switch onto the police's frequency and listen to what's going on (but talking to them is strictly prohibited- we're talkin' jail, people), but what I want to know is how you can talk to people in the past...mainly your deceased father - and tell him that he died in a fire....and then tell him that if he'd just gone the other way...and then have a serial killer on your hands and, and....you get the picture.
Moral of the story, Ham Radio is cool - and my man is going to teach me how to use it =)
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

um...interesting first post. Welcome to the "blogging world". I'll expect at least 2 weekly updates...so be fun!
ReplyDelete-allie
Yay! I can't tell you how excited I am that you did this! I think your first post was great! Can't wait to keep up with what you're doing!! Pics from your travels, your place (shag carpet decor I've been hearing about), we want to see it all!
ReplyDeleteAlso wanted to invite you to the bloggin world! I'll be reading!!
ReplyDelete