So last night we settled down to watch the olympics, which has become the norm for the past couple weeks, and Beach Volleyball was on. I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I seriously love volleyball, it freaking rocks...as said in my caption.
In fact I love it so much that apparently on Kyle and I's first date I stated how good I was at the sport and made sure he knew that I could smash his face in should he ever try to play me. I don't remember the story going that way but Kyle is so keen to tell people that version, that it might as well have.
Anyway, getting back to Volleyball - Last night's game was quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen. I'm not much of a sports person, I never understood all of the screaming at the tv and jumping up down - but last night I did just that...and more. I was groaning when they missed and slapping our shag green carpet when they scored! It was an exhilirating feeling especially since WE WON! That's right never before has there been a team that has held the gold title two years in a row until Kerry Walsh and Misty May! They are insane! I've never seen anyone play so fast, it makes normal volleyball that usually has 5-6 players look cluttered.
I love volleyball, especially when the USA totally pounds every country to bits!
I mean...I want world peace. =)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So, it may not be "Kyle and I", but thats ok babe, cause the way you bring two days ago back to life makes me smile everytime. =)
ReplyDeleteYou told Kyle you could smash his face in.... how romantic...
ReplyDeleteWe watched it too! So fun! I have to remind my husband that the people on tv cant hear him yelling at them. Sounds like I wouldve had to remind you of that as well. Or maybe Kristi and Misti wouldve heard you. Wouldnt surprise me. Theyre freakin amazing. But what I think is the coolest is that they are retiring from VB after this and have announced that they are going home to have kids and start their families!
Your funny, you funny girl:) I love beach vollyball too, I didnt know though you played volleyball, I played too, we should deffinitley play next time we see eachother, it'll be grand!
ReplyDeleteHey, Ive been meaning to ask you, do you ever talk to Jamie M? Ive tried to leave her comments on facebook but I never hear back from her...have you? Just wonderin...
Well, hope your doing good...hugs and kisses XoXo