This morning was pretty much like any other morning. Unlock the door, turn on the lights, stash the large overstuffed purse under the desk and turn on the computer. turn on the computer. Turn On The Computer. TURN ON THE COMPUTER. $%@*@#$!!!!!
Again, again, and again. Computers don't get tired! So why did I have to restart the darn thing six different times before it stopped going into sleep mode on it's own?!
I've been trying to figure out why it's doing this, and the only way I can think to do this is to watch when it falls asleep and analyze. Here are the times when it seems to be at it's nastiest:
When I'm working on things
When I'm away from my desk
When I'm on an urgent call
When I'm drinking water
When I'm daydreaming
When I'm going through mail
Are we getting the picture? My freaking computer has Narcolepsy, how do you cure that? Is there a drug I can insert into it's disc drive? I'm at my wits end. If it doesn't start behaving I cannot be held responsible for my actions.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yes, actually there is a drug for this sort of thing. It's called a bat, and I'm afraid it takes several hearty doses, and now that I think of it it will probably end up making YOU feel much better than the computer, but hey, you're the one who's bugged here, so why the heck not?
ReplyDeleteAnd the oscar for the world's longest run-on sentence goes to. . . :)
Oh, and I LOVE your new background. Oh, but it's JOY! Lovely. I just love it.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha. I'm sorry, but I can't totally picture you battling with the computer! I'm so sorry, but I think your sisters solution sounds really good! :) How old is the computer?
ReplyDeleteOn a more serious, but possibly obvious note, There is a setting for computers that you can set how long it sits idle, before it drops into sleep mode. Maybe its set for a really short time? But if it is "sleeping" mid command - somethings wrong. I dont know what, but something. lol. Sorry I'm not more help!
Good Luck!!
if you abuse the computer, I'm calling DCFS on you.
ReplyDelete