She's the type that catches a lot of people off guard; perhaps it's because she's not afraid to barrel through white lawn chairs and send them flying in every direction, or it might be the crazed barking you get if you don't throw her ball fast enough - she get's real excited.
It was sort of funny to see people's reactions (especially non-dog ppl) as they tried to have civilized conversations with other ward members. I giggled to myself and with Kyle at the screams and the, "eww!"s in reference to her tattered and always very slobbery tennis ball that she was so kind to plop in people's laps or on their feet. Come on guys, she only wants to play! It sort of reminded me of the dog on 'Over the Hedge' that is constantly saying, "play? play?" and going crazy wild. Let's envision this dog, shall we? As time went on I believe the poor thing got discouraged at people's lack of vision when it came to throwing the ball. How hard can it be anyway? This is when I believe she devised her plan - Kyle, unfortunately, being the chosen victim.
I can just see the wheels turning in her head: "I know just how to get him to throw it to me" so innocently she jaunts over to where Kyle was sitting talking to someone never thinking that the dog would actually pop her ever so slobbery ball into his ice cold deliciously refreshing cup of lemonade. "There! Can't ignore that one can you?" She thought, and she was right - Kyle picked up the lemonade cup merely blinking in disbelief, "Really?" he said to her as the rest of us laughed and laughed... and laughed. There was a lot of laughing. The dog wanted someone to play with and she happened to have incredible aim - so we gave her the entire glass of lemonade as a prize... oh yeah, and we threw her ball.
Now for a Bump Update:

So much belly. 27 weeks (just about to enter the third trimester) and amazed that I was ever able to bend over without doing a plie (ballet: plee-ae) and excited for the day that I can lay on my belly again... man pregnancy is a crazy thing, yes?

Very cute!!!! (The dog story AND your belly!) You are probably THE cutest preggers lady I've ever seen!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad Kyle was a good sport about the dog, sounds like a bunch of fun!! :)
You're so big! And I mean that in the "you're looking so gorgeous and fashionably pregnant and I can't believe you're having a baby" way. It's good. I promise. So don't be thinkin' I called you fat, k? ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the story about the tennis ball- our landlord's dog is EXACTLY the same way- and I myself succumb to tossing the spit-ridden ball more than is probably sanitary. They're just so pathetic its cute.
Also, I love Kyle's reaction- so minimalist and dry humor, so him. Love it!
And. . . I MISS YOU GUYS!!!
That's all. Wow, that was a long comment. Probably should have just written you an email. Oh well.
Oh I LOVE the bump! Just wait...I've got one more week before it's OVER and I can sleep on my belly again!! YAY! What a great story about the dog too! Good thing you like dogs huh! Anyway you really do look good prego! :) Any names picked out? Keep me updated!
ReplyDeleteYou and your belly are so cute! Hope we see you at the end of this month!
ReplyDeleteCute "you"!! Trust me, in my experience you won't be interested in anyone taking pictures of you come September. Right now is a good time to document :)
ReplyDeleteAnother thing...you have to blog about your garden sometime. Molly told me that you have 12 zucchini plants and it made me laugh like crazy--what happened to the honeydew? Is that really true? You have 12 of them?? We have 4 zucchini plants and we're giving them away every other day. Love You!!
Melese you are the cutest pregnant girl ever! That's a fun picture!
ReplyDeleteWow! You look awesome! You are such a cute pregnant girl! I love it!
ReplyDelete