I used to think I was pretty bad ... road rage wise - and then I got pregnant. It's been a real battle. Curses are just sitting there on the tip of my tongue ready to throw at people. Specifically people that do not use their blinker. That's what they're there for nit-wit, blink already blink! I hate those people, we're talking serious hatred. But at least I hate and fume within the walls of my own car. I am not a threat to them physically or emotionally, all they may ever see is a nasty glance in their direction. Quite the far cry from what I saw the other day.
I was on my way home from work - gotta love that rush hour traffic - and I'd finally made it to the exit and was sitting at a red light at the end of it. A man in a car just behind me jumped out, baseball bat in hand - I kid you not, and began brandishing it to someone a couple cars back. Now before the brandishing began, I thought to myself - 'goodness mister, the light's about to change, this is no time for socializing' Then I got a look at his face... Woa angry! I've never seen anyone so angry, he was pointing back to the freeway walloping his bat in the air and occasionally grabbing for whoever the poor soul was in the car. I just sat there in shock watching in my mirror, who was this lunatic anyway? And why wasn't anyone doing anything... why wasn't I doing anything? I'm pretty sure it was all for the same reason, we were all in complete shock. Poor Kyle sat on the other end of the phone wondering if I'd died or something because I'd gone totally silent.
Mentally unstable, that's what this man was. But can you imagine if you'd been the person in the car? I'm not sure what I would have done - run him over? Thrown half a bottle of hot Gatorade in his face? It's hard to say really...
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow!! I've known people who are probably cabable of something like this, but never actually seen it!! Glad you weren't in harms way, that's nuts!
ReplyDeleteHAHA! Holy Moly...Utah, what a culture shock right? haha oh gosh, some peoples kids are just so embarrassing! How much longer til the lil one comes along? You're great, hope life is amazing!
ReplyDeleteWow, that was intense!! I thought I had road rage! But I loved this post, made me feel better about myself in my frustrations with people who dont know how to drive. I thought I was the only one! Good to know I will have you relate to if needs be:)
ReplyDelete