Soooo, I have become so good about exercising lately – ok maybe I didn’t exercise today, but I had my reasons (rough night aka no sleep, messy house, lily still in her pjs and last nights diaper, need more?) but would you like to hear what my motivation is?
Stickers.
Yeah, I’m a five year old. I can't remember if I was one of those kids that went crazy about gold stars but I sure do now! I think it also helps that my stickers:
a. cost very little considering the amount of happiness they bring
b. are theeeee cutest things I have ever seen... and they're super summery - we're talking ladybugs people.
Anyway so when I've exercised that morning I stagger skip over to the desk drawer and find myself a pretty one (not hard) and slap it on the calendar. There are a lot of stickers on my calendar right now...
I’m not sure why I didn’t think of this earlier, the motivation bit, because I can already see a difference in my post preggo body – it’s way sexier ;). And I don’t want sweets nearly as much, isn’t that funny? I think it’s especially funny because today (the day I didn’t work out) all I’ve wanted was chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. Good thing there’s only one of those in the house and I didn’t go too overboard. But me and Jillian, we’re real buds now, we’ve been working hard together (okay, I’ve been working hard and she just stands there barking commands... but we're still friends) for a little over a week now, and I think I'm almost ready to kick it up a notch.
And do you know what the best part is? I still have like fifty stickers!

YAY Melese!! You're awesome! i hope I can be motivated again once this little man comes out! I LOVE the sticker idea too! Very fun! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome! Why didn't I think of that? Stickers are so great. I love working out, but some days I'm like-no thanks, but maybe some sticker motivation will have me going 6 days a week!
ReplyDeleteYou are hilarious. Mom and I are here reading this together. Laughing.
ReplyDeleteMelese you're too funny! Good job on the exercising thing! Now if only I could "kick it up a notch", aka, start.:) can't wait to see you next week!
ReplyDelete