Tuesday, March 23, 2010

our tiny little bean

So our little lady is small. This was no real surprise to us, although it was a surprise when we found out just how small.  13 pounds  . ..... whhaaatt??  I promise I do feed this child.  At least that's what I told the doctor ;)  She's in the 5th percentile for her age.  What does that even mean anyway?  Is that just something that's used by competitive moms??  Oh, you're child is in the 5th percentile?? Mine is already standing, reciting poetry... Oh yes, and she's also mastered the violin. 


Oh well, I guess I'll just have to chub her up with some of her favorite baby food... pears.  Like mother like daughter. Pears are da bomb!!!


Tonight was bath night, and she smells so sweet! So to celebrate, I took pictures.  Big surprise huh?? :)



 This is the "mom, could you please put down the camera and give me some clothes" look.  love it.

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry--she'll just be sweet and petite like Brynne. My babies never gain very much their first year, barely even doubling their birth weight by 12 months. Who knows why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby! She is just perfect- no matter what percentile she lands in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How old is she again? I think she's absolutely perfect!
    And the percentile thing... she's only bigger than 5% of babies her age.
    Just think, she could be on the other end...
    "your daughter is in the 95% for her height and weight.. oh, and her head size is off the charts."
    That's what I've been hearing- So madi is a huge kid with and even bigger head.. :( my poor baby girl.. But i still think she is perfect too! :)
    (And I LOVE all your pictures by the way!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie. and...heeeey I recognize that towel. So glad you're using it. She looks like a soft little lamb-ee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute! It was so good to see you guys this past weekend! Thanks for hanging out a little bit. Lily is adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete