Tuesday, March 16, 2010

love of the day



... or maybe week.

On a whim I purchased a few pears a week or so ago, thinking that they might be a disappointment but they were just so gosh darn pretty. Well it turns out they are pretty and delicious.  I think Kyle is getting sick of hearing my exclamations of joy every time I bite into one, "seriously Kyle, you need to try this!"... every time. He's not really a fruit person, although this escaped my memory as he took a bite and shrugged. Shrugged?!!  This pear deserved a dance, leap or at least a 'what about bob?' sigh. Oh well, I guess you could say I have an obsession with delicious fruit. Last summer when I was six or seven months pregnant I became addicted to nectarines.  I sometimes felt guilty when I purchased them at less than reasonable prices, but it was love.

So today I write an ode to the pears I have enjoyed all week long. I plucked up the last one today with a sigh... maybe I'll go get more.

4 comments:

  1. Cost of a perfectly sweetened, soft pear?...priceless. Induldge away, my pear lovin' friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent tribute- and I wholeheartedly agree about the beauty- just look at the blush on that pear! So happy that we're both foodies together!

    And also, you're very funny. Which I like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan doesn't really like fruit either and it drives me crazy! I'm always telling him he should just give it a try and he either doesn't, or gives less than satisfactory reviews, like Kyle's shrug. I want to go out and get some pears now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melese I love reading your blog! It makes me happy.

    So my brother is getting married and I sent his fiance a link to lemon peel. I'm hoping you'll be getting a call! I think they're doing engagement pics in April but really how much info do you really get from brothers? Not much.

    ReplyDelete