So of course it snowed today, of course because when you really want something (like summer for heavens sake) it will never ever EVER come. I'm sitting in our house angry and depressed (and making chocolate chip cookies to wolf down later) and I hear this crazy cracking noise. I immediately look out the window to see what it was - are we dead? is our roof ruined? ... nothing. weird. I even go out to our driveway, still nothing. hmmm, no idea. Then about ten minutes later I hear a larger much louder cracking noise... I check out the side window where it sounded like it came from, I don't see anything - freaky.
So Kyle gets off work and as he's driving we're chatting so I tell him about the weird cracking sounds and the fact that during our lovely winter wonderland storm our power has flickered on and off three or four times. Strange, he says, I agree.
Then, as he's pulling up I see him through the two windows I've pulled blinds up from (the third, and closest to the driveway I might add, I left down due to laziness) he says, "um, Melese I think I know what that cracking sound was,"
This is what we found:
in our driveway. This is not okay.
holy crapola... mother nature just killed one of her own.
I'm just glad it didn't knock down our house - good grief. We came to find out as we looked around that the first crack I heard was the attack of the tree on our neighbor's house, their gutters were dislodged a bit but thankfully nothing worse. Seriously, like half of the tree fell down between the two of us, because it had the audacity to believe it was summer like the rest of us and it GREW LEAVES. Bah!! I hate snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No one could describe the falling of a tree more humorously than you. Love it.
ReplyDelete:)
Oh, wow! How scary. I'm glad everything is ok!
ReplyDeleteAh, you're too funny. Sorry about the tree (and the snow) but I needed to laugh. I think I'll go read it again. (I know, I know, "you mock my pain!") Love ya.
ReplyDeleteHow crazy! Glad you're Ok. do you need Ginny to come and cheer up you and Lily?
ReplyDeleteSo glad it didn't fall on your freshly painted house! Still, you manage to crack me up over a scary experience!
ReplyDelete