Monday, March 19, 2012
she's a big girl
Well, it's happened, my little miss is officially NOT a baby anymore. Last week we (with the advice from a good friend) took the scissors together and snipped off her binkie. I have to say that I feel very mixed emotions about this; I mean she's two and half, it's definitely time and I really don't miss hearing her cries of "where's da bink?!" in the middle of the night. But there's a very small piece of me that is a bit heart broken that she is indeed growing up. It's like saying good bye to an era: babyhood. I have to be careful not to watch this video otherwise I just become a very pathetic weepy mess, why in the world did I ever make that thing anyway??
Sorry, small side track there, I seriously can't believe how well she's taken it though. Honestly, I think I waited so long to do the dreaded thing because I thought it was going to be a nightmare but it wasn't. We cut it, you'll see in the video below that she had a little bit of cutters' remorse, and then that was pretty much it. I think there have been a few times where she's asked for it and then we just remind her that she cut it (see how I did that?) and then she usually just smiles big and says "I a bit gird" which translates to "I'm a big girl now, look at me!"
We're all very happy to be growing up... most of the time, sniff sniff. At least this age is like the COOLEST age ever. Isn't it so wonderful that they actually get more fun as they grow up? Thank heavens for that, otherwise I think there would be a whole lot of weeping going on over here. As it stands I only have a teensy little ache for my lost lily babe, but I suppose that is why I take pictures.
here's the video... is it wrong of me to LOVE lily's lisp? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Ahh, she's So cute. I don't think I've ever heard her speak before. I always think she's the cutest thing.
ReplyDeleteShe really is so precious and sweet. I was talking to a neighbor of mine who has a daughter Jane and Lily's age and she said she hated this age because her daughter was whining so much and throwing fits. I LOVE this age too! And it's not like Jane doesn't ever throw fits, but maybe I think it's kinda funny. I just say "Go to your room until you can be happy." And she runs a way crying (which is seriously so funny) and then 20 seconds later she is surrounded by toys and all the tears are gone. I agree.. they get funner!
ReplyDeleteI watched the video w/ Brianna - she loves seeing other kids. She said - uh oh, no scissors for little girls! I told her - that's not a little girl, that's a BIG girl now! =) But she was confused about Lily's name, since that's her cousin's name. Funny how Meg has two nieces named Lily, born just a few weeks apart!
ReplyDeleteso glad the binkie cutting worked!!! lily is growing up way too fast- i remember when she was itsy bitsy!
ReplyDelete