Wednesday, May 16, 2012

the funny thing about photography is...

it will empty your pockets.  I feel like my wishlist in the photography category goes on and on and on and on and... okay you get the point.  Lately I've been dying to get a tilt shift into my hands and play with it and yesterday that wish was granted.  We're doing a pretty sweet commercial gig up in Idaho this weekend with crazy amounts of shooting and, oh darn, we just had to rent a tilt shift.  It finally came in the mail yesterday (thank you lens rentals) and Kyle and I were pretty much giddy, resembling two little kids fighting over the same toy.  check out the grumpy face:

(disclaimer: It was really reeeally hot, if you must know.  hence the grumpy expression)

I'm sort of sad though, because I can feel myself falling madly in love with it. LOVE people. Why does this make me sad you may ask?  $2100. aaaaaaaaaaaack.  See what I mean?  Photography is freaking awesome, minus the dough you have to fork out.  sigh, oh well.  I can't wait to play with it some more before it has to go home again... in fact, what am I doing here at the computer?? I'm outta here peeps.

Here's a few more we've taken - and yes lily is looking like a crazy kid in her get up but whatevs :)





1 comment:

  1. I know, but my little wants are not in photography. I just have to remind myself that spending is necessary in all aspects of my life and I am going to be happy in the moment and within my budget and try not to think of what I don't have because now is pretty good. It's such a mind trick though... I'm not very good at it. :) You are so talented by the way!

    ReplyDelete