Wednesday, July 11, 2012

good heavens

There is seriously SO much to blog from our trip still...(pictures coming out of my ears) but I just had to sneak a post in about our garden before the heat drops me dead. (oh Montana and Idaho how I miss you)

We came back after a two week long vacation and I have to tell you I was the most excited about seeing our garden.  What is it about planting things and watching them grow that is so thrilling?  Whatever it is it got me shrieking to Kyle, who was being so wonderful and bringing our bags in, "Look at our Apricot tree, KYLE KYLE! Look at the watermelon plant!!  AND THE CORN!! KYYYYYLLLLLE!!!!!"


It would seem that our garden sort of exploded while we were gone, and I got to thinking, why not do this every year??  It's so awesome to come back and see everything three times the size of what it was when we left. .....hmmmm.  Anyhow, here's a few pictures:


 we had to prop up the apricot tree because of how laden with fruit it was.  seriously, we got home and the branches were nearly touching the ground. I think it's jam time!


 tomato plants

 tomato paste plants

 cherry tomatoes, cucumber and yellow pepper plants

 the corn

 we even have a few raspberries coming on! :) yay!

 pumpkins

 green beans

 a few heirloom tomatoes growing away

watermelon craziness 

 and also an unexpected visitor - a surprise zucchini plant.  I did not plant this, the birds did.


look at that cute little cucumber.  grow cucumber grow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment