Thursday, July 12, 2012

me and wildflowers

Montana is so beautiful, that much can be easily said.  I felt like almost everywhere we drove I couldn't get enough of the wildflowers.  Some time ago wildflowers and I started a real hot love affair... and even though they seem to be playing fast and loose with my heart (i.e. refusing to grow in my flowerbeds) I still adore them.  

And man, Montana was rocking them like it was 1999.  Wildflowers. every. where.  So naturally I took their picture and was overjoyed to stop and have a little bite to eat in the midst of them.

What a lovely picnic we had.  We ate and ate and then we browsed our surroundings, one picture that is sadly missing from this collection is one I took of Kyle and Lily by the water ... film.  We're trying our hands at it.  Well Kyle is, I'm just taking a nibble here and a nibble there.  It is definitely a little hard to get used to the waiting that comes with shooting film, but I'll see if I can share it once we get them developed.





 this is what we do... pull over to the side of the road and take pictures. I'm just waiting for the day that Lily is totally embarrassed of us.



 lily was in her element.  you think I love wildflowers...goodness I am nothing compared to our little sprite.




2 comments:

  1. What a cool shot that butterfly one is! And I love how the colors of the flowers compliment each other with the yellow and purple. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming that sweet old man laughing is Lily's great-grandpa? Can I adopt him as mine as well? :)

    ReplyDelete