Monday, March 18, 2013

mischievous

Honestly, Lily is an angel... most of the time. But occasionally she listens to that little devil on her shoulder when she knows she shouldn't.  Last week we had one of those days, and I came into the office to find her clicking away madly on the computer.  ....Ummmm, what are you doing child?  She knows she isn't allowed onto the computer alone, she knows that if caught death might ensue - she knows this... and yet there she was.  Well, I got after her shut down all of the tabs she had pulled up (goodness) and took away a few toys.  I was feeling pretty good about my parenting skills until I got a text from Kyle,

"You haven't let lily on amazon have you? There are two bills for video on demand."

From the back of my mind I suddenly remembered a bit of nonsense lily had been saying as I was closing everything down, "I want to watch the ballerina mommy!"

Uh-oh.

Luckily lily had some reserves saved up in her piggy bank (and hallelujah the bill only came to $6) so we began counting pennies.  Six hundred pennies is a lot of pennies and Lily quickly realized what was happening, so she ran over to the pile... and sat on it.  SO. MUCH. WEEPING.

I'm really hoping this won't happen again, the kid is freaking smart - I don't even know how she found her way to the Angelina Ballerina section of the internet - but I think mommy stealing her pennies has been burned into her memory... (insert evil laugh here)

4 comments:

  1. I am dying!! Holy cow!! She is soooo smart! I can't believe she can navigate the computer .... and then by something!!!! How cute is she! Jane is also OBSESSED with Angelina ballerina and cries as if it's the end of the world when we have to go home from grandma's in the middle of an episode

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! PS, you are SUCH a great mom for making her pay for it- I totally didn't even think of that when Reese purchased several books on our Kindle a few months ago. Dang it.

    Also, I like that she sat on her pennies to save them. Heaven help you if a younger sibling is ever in trouble... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asher bought several Dinosaur Train episodes the other day, and yes he had to pay me out of his piggy bank too. Those kids are just too dang smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) This is the reason our computer has a password (since the little miss was 2!) I also hope she learned from it... we had an episode where I was proud of my parenting skillfulness (punishment was scrubbing crayon off the floor) only to have the table colored on the next day :( You go mom!

    ReplyDelete