Wednesday, March 27, 2013

our little dancer

Lily had her first dance recital a few weeks ago and it was, entertaining. :)  It started out so nice, before pictures on grandpa's lap, sitting on her chair waiting to go on in an adorable sailor hat...



























and then there was craziness.  Lily spent the entire second number weeping.  I suppose it didn't help that the recital started at her bed time.  I just sat there in the audience trying to mouth 'it's okay' over and over and over.  Once it ended I ran over to the side to see what in the world happened and would you like to know the reason for the uncontrolled weeping?  She wanted to stand on the tape that had a number three on it because - wait for it - she was three.





Oh goodness, somehow I found a way to calm her down, and she was able to do the Mary Poppins number (see video - lol)



And then, in the very last number, Lily decided to take matters into her own hands and scurried up there as fast as she could to STEAL the #3 spot.  She told me after, "I really wanted the number three mommy".  Well, yeah, I guess you did.




I don't think she was quite ready for the front row unfortunately, since she spent the first half looking back at her friend ;)


Miss Personality indeed.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! SEriously. I love little girls they're so CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes, the number 3 is so important, I think Hailey would understand where Lily is coming from. So cute!

    ReplyDelete