I had been photographing weddings for about two years when Kyle and I got married, so naturally I had seen LOADS of weddings that gave me many many ideas of what to do for mine and what NOT to do. For instance, being a wedding photographer was probably the biggest reason why I actually wore shoes on my wedding day. I think I thought (before the wedding craze portion of my life) that wearing something casual on my feet for my wedding day was just SO me (thank you Father of the Bride). Thank heavens I saw the light, that and about a million platform flip flops in a blinding array of colors, before that day arrived.
I loved that pair of shoes so much that I continued wearing them long after we got married.
Here they are today, almost six years later
They're pretty beat up and stretched out (thanks to a couple pregnancies and a whole lot of love), and when I wore them on Sunday it was apparent that I probably shouldn't wear them anymore unless I wanted to sprain an ankle when the heel broke off. It was a seriously sad day. When I told Kyle I was going to throw my wedding shoes away he was very compassionate *vigorous head shake* and said, "Well, I hated my wedding shoes, so what's the big deal?" Men. The big deal, sir, is that they remind me of our life beginning together... and other good stuff... and they were cozy and matched everything... oh man, you've lived a good life my darlings, maybe some day I'll find another pair that mean as much to me.








You know what I'm going to tell you right? Keep em!!! I love that you wore them more than once. I'm such a shoe hoarder- especially when it comes to special/sentimental shoes. I have my wedding shoes but I never wore them again :/- I need to!
ReplyDeleteYou are so right Chloe!!! What was I thinking?? They are totally going in the hope chest, bless you!
Delete