So I recently visited a friend who had on her coffee table about four or five books (novels mostly) because she is a lovely avid reader. And I realized it's been a while since I've read anything new. I'm one of those people that find a book I love and read it over and over... and over. I used to go to the library and walk up and down the isles in search of an exciting cover (that's right, I judge a book by it's cover) though, I've been disappointed the last few times I've done that.
That being said, does anyone have any favorite authors/books?? Because after all it is summer, shouldn't I be spending time under a big beautiful tree reading for hours?
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay, my first question is.. Have you read the Twilight series? Next, if you haven't don't judge it till you try it. I fought against it for a long time because it was the "in" thing and i tend to kick against the pricks. But i finally broke down and read them, and they are SO good. They are easy to read too.
ReplyDeleteother than those... Its been a while since I've found something i like. The last ones i liked were, Chronicles of Narnia, and Angels and Demons. Good luck with your search and let me know if you find something good!
Diddo. Twilight. i never though i would ever take a love story about vampires seriously and actually enjoy it, but i've read all four.
ReplyDeleteJust do it, everyone else is. hahah peer pressure...
Meles, Melese, Melese....don't fall for these two wierdos! (where did you make their friendship anyways, off the street? HA! JK)
ReplyDeleteYou want a good book, I got a whole list of them! Amilia Badilia Series..(sp?)!!! She is the funniest person ever, the book will keep you laughing from cover to cover- PROMISE!
I hear the Book of Mormon is a good one to keep coming back to :)
ReplyDeleteDude, I think we should Totally have a book club. I'm going to research this...think it over for a while...then post something..someday on my blog. This thought Just occured to me, so it would be a while.
ReplyDeleteBut wouldn't that be awesomely fun?
Melese, I will send you an invitation to join "Goodreads". You can see the books I've read and my reviews, as well as any other friends that are already on there. That's a good way to see what your friends are reading.
ReplyDeleteYou stole my idea!!! I thought of asking the same question weeks ago, and while I didn't quite get around to it, I'm definitely hurt that you plagarized it. ;)But I guess if you share you're discoveries with me we can still be friends.
ReplyDeleteOh, and Twilight. Definitely.
Melese, come on, do you seriously want to read about a guy that drinks animal blood? Why not find a book on pagan history. If you want some good reads check out Ferinheight 451, or if you need to read something about a troubled young man with a messed-up love life, you can't go wrong with Hamlet. (This is Ry if you haven't guessed)
ReplyDeleteOkay, I love it when people ask for a good book to read cause I love giving my answer! I PROMISE you will LOVE this author. Her name is Adrianna Trigiani. Ive read several of her books and theyre amazing! First, read the Big Stone Gap series, the first one being the Big Stone Gap, then Big Cherry Holler, and last but so not least, Milk Glass Moon. The other by her which I read in almost a day is Lucia, Lucia. Shes Italian and incorporates her hertiage in her books, including recipes and such. It was a saavy 60 year old co-worker back in MO that got me into her books and am so grateful she did! We had our own little book club, swapping books we loved, it was so fun. Anywho, PLEASE let me know if you get into them, I would love to know what you think!!
ReplyDeleteI'm re-reading the Harry Potter series in anticipation for the 6th movie. Those are always fun... and easy. It has been a surprisingly entertaining experience.
ReplyDeleteooooh... you should start a book club blog and then everyone who wants to read the book can post insights about it and stuff ehh? ehh?
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, you have to be Canadian to join.
Hey... Did Kyle want a job working in the multimedia lab or just at the library in general? The best time to apply is just before a new semester. That's usually when we hire.
ReplyDelete