Wednesday, May 6, 2009

If you can make it past the first five years...

So Kyle and I recently celebrated our 1st Anniversary. Booyah. And we were told a very interesting theory a few days ago. Kyle was giving blood, being the dashing young man that he is, and the girl who was taking his perfectly comfortable blood right out of it's safe haven (can you tell I don't like giving blood?) was chatting about marriage - she having just been married herself back in January. Then she said something that has made both of us raise our eyebrows, "Yeah," she says, "I heard that if you can make it past the first five years then you're pretty much set." If you can make it?? What is that supposed to mean?

If you can stand eachother over five long arduous years, then yeah, I guess you'll be able to stay together... but let's not confuse things, this will in no way be enjoyable.

A little on the strange side if you ask me. But if it's true, then I guess we've got one down and four to go :)

Alrighty, on to some pictures, geez I bet you've been wondering if we still existed - I've been slacking. So we decided to spend our anniversary weekend hiking through Arches National Park. For our actual honeymoon we went to Yosemite National Park so it only seemed fitting that we continue the tradition - we're big on National Parks. :)

Our first stop was a lovely little spot called Green River where our fabulous motel was located:




No Vacancy. True Story. Good thing we made reservations.

Cause' can you imagine if we'd missed out on the beautiful art they had in the room:




Let's take a closer look, shall we?



That's right people, you're looking at a puzzle. Really though, you have to give them props, that's gotta be like 2000 pieces. :)






Our first stop was a rather difficult hike to Delicate Arch (that's the one on all the Utah License Plates) and this was a little shack on the way to the craziness of the hike - uphill, no shade - you know difficult.

We made it to the top!! Real Tuckered, so it took us three tries to actually get the arch in the picture.








Pretty huh?

It rained the next day. But did that stop us?? No sir. This is us in front of Balancing Rock - creative name, yes?




I made Kyle wait for me while I captured this sign, I mean really how often to you see something like this??



And we really did see one :)



So we pretty much had an awesome time and took gobs of pictures. I love vacation, I love the outdoors but most of all I LOVE MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND!

Here's to May 3rd Baby :)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Happy Anniversary guys!!! We went to Arches National Park for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! It is so gorgeous! Congrats on the 1st year :) Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melese Miller!! I had NO CLUE that you were pregers!! Congratulations and I Completely agree with back sleeping! When are you due? And do you know what you are having? I'm so happy for you, your marriage, and upcoming family. Good luck with everything and I hope we'll see each other again someday along the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute pregnant, Melese. Way to make it through one whole year. Just four more to go. : >

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I went there last summer and took pictures by that same shack before going to Delicate Arch. I think I'm going again this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melese! How am I so behind I missed this fun post?! Happy Belated Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a good one too, much better than mine and James first. Haha, its actually funny now thinking about it. We went down to Branson in MO, the like biggest tourist town in the nation. Well, long story short we had two different ideas of what we would be doing there, i.e. me=beach, james=nothing. So yeah, wasnt the best first anniversary, but its one for the books! Anyways, Im glad you guys had fun! Your looking radiant these days chica! Miss and love ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, no wonder your looking radiant, I just read the post before this and found out your preggo! Yay!! Man, I am waaaaay behind, how did I miss this?!!! Im am sooo happy for you, I hope I get to meet this little bundle of joy:) Hope your doing good!!

    ReplyDelete