Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bath Time

I thought for a while that we were getting better at this, that perhaps the screaming and looks of "why would you do this to me mom?" had ended. Nope, (there was a lot of screaming this morning), the girl hates baths - and I've tried to tell her over and over that they make her smell all pretty and everything but she still gives me this face:



And a whole lot of blood curdling screams... I sort of wish she could talk so I could tell her just how silly she was being and she'd actually understand me. I think it's sort of funny that when they're young (infant-ish) they hate being naked, but give them two years and they're stripping their clothes off all over the place. Go figure.

4 comments:

  1. She looks cute even when in screaming mode.

    You probably already tried this - but we would get the bathroom all hot and steamy first by running the shower on full blast for a few minutes. Then bring the babe in for bathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asher cried a lot when we first gave him baths then I figured out he wasn't warm enough. Then we warmed up the water some and left a warm, wet washcloth on his tummy while we cleaned the rest of him. Then he loved bath time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madi did this too! It sounded like we were seriously torturing her! They do get over it, but it's hard until then. Being able to keep her warm helps a lot. A hat on her head, while her body's being washed, or warm towel or washcloth (like Meagan said) covering whatever isn't being washed at the time helps.
    Good Luck!! I know it's hard sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two years, huh? I wonder who was your inspiration for that comment! ;)

    ReplyDelete