It's Fall, and I love fall. I love the smell in the air, I love the leaves turning, and I love wearing scarves :) but I really really really don't love all the small little critters trying to make a home in my home,I don't care how chilly it gets at night. Last year we had loads of spiders running rampant in every corner of our house, and there was lots of screaming and lots of stomping, one almost always accompanying the other.
This year however we've discovered a new squatter, or rather several new squatters, an entire family... er colony if you will. That's right people we have ants. And who knows where they're coming from, but there are so many I've simply lost count. I fully expect to wake up one morning to find that our couches have gone missing or something.
Now, I was never the kind of child (or adult) that took pleasure in killing insects, I've actually always felt bad about it - until now.
You come into my home, and you die.
.
I'd put a sign up to warn them if I thought it would do any good. I have nothing against little ants that live outside, but you come into my house, scuttling about on the floor and possibly getting into my child's blankets and you will die, a VERY messy death. We're talking lots of squishing.
Thank heavens the house is being sprayed next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay, you've come to the authority on ants here. Living in CA, they are everywhere and it's a year round battle here. This is my most exciting discovery about ants: the vaccum!! If your vaccum has an attachment hose you can suck them up in it and you don't have to spray poison or flood your counter tops trying to get rid of them. And they die in the process. I know because my vaccum is see through and I've never seen any movement inside *the chamber* afterward. Another natural remedy: MINT TEA, they hate it. Seep a tea bag in a bowl of hot water and put it near by the area that you're having the problem. Good luck. Don't fumigate inside unless you absolutely have to.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got someone to spray. Our guy, TNT, does a great job and nothing he sprays inside is harmful for the babies. I think his name is Tyler. He is great. :)
ReplyDeleteAnother trick for ants is cornmeal. We live in CA too and there are TONS of ants. If you put cornmeal out where they come in they will eat it and take it back to the colony. They can't digest it, though, so it kills off the entire colony -- plus it's baby-safe.
ReplyDeleteOoh, great idea about the cornmeal there. I'll try that too.
ReplyDeleteI love the word 'rampant'. It just isn't used enough. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm lovin' the free advise- thank you all!