It's no secret that our neice Reese (love how that rhymes, don't you?) is pretty much smitten with Lily. It's cute.... okay freaking adorable to hear her say, when prompted, "It's Ye-ye!" There's loads of kisses on the head, hugs and smiles. But it has come to my attention that Lily... or ye-ye.... adores Reese just as much, although she shows her love slightly different at the moment for lack of speech - she mimics. Sound familiar? Yes, aka my entire childhood with Molly... and occasionally adulthood too. :) Now Reese has been known for her amazing talent in producing animal faces (thanks to her parents and their love to laugh and entertain) for pretty much.. ever. She does the elephant, the rabbit, and the fish - very talented at that one - but I think maybe the funniest is the "Grumpy Badger" face. She's quite good at it - my favorite part being the hands on the hips. But I think Lily has been taking notes and this is why...
Here's Reese's grumpy badger face:
And here's Lily's:
It's a work in progress really, but I feel she's on her way. ;)
What can I say Reese loves it when people acknowlege her, and what better way to do it than through imitation. I did notice that Reese has been encouraging "her Ye-ye" and giving some pointers to speed up the process. Great Blog you guys! We'll see ya'll in Idaho!
ReplyDeleteP.S. This is Ry.
Molly here- I just had to add that Reese was giving some hands on instruction the other night by grabbing Lily's fists and showing her just how to do a proper 'grumpy badger'. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat the heck!?? When did you have a BABY!?!? How come I never saw this on facebook!?? Wow, I am SO out of the loop!! That means two of my past roomates have had children that I did not know about. Not.cool.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, she is goorrrrgeous!! I also wanted to tell you that I have a new family blog- would you like to be invited to it? I can send you the link and password if you do....have a great weekend!
*hugs*
Jess