A few days after we moved in (signed papers etc.) we received an email from the past owners with some AWESOME photographs included. These photographs are from the original owner and really make this house feel sooooo cool, especially for two photographers like ourselves (I'm pretty sure you'll know them when you see them).They call it "the little red house" and I just think that is so charming and wonderful that I've decided to call it that for-ever. It was built in 1948 and we just love love LOVE it. Ahem, ok enough of me jabbering...
In process of building. This is so cool to me.
This is the front of the house, and yes that's snow drifting down. I've stopped trying to understand Utah weather. Do you like the flowers I planted??
We painted these walls this nice relaxing blue gray and I rather like it, it was this pinky beige before and to be quite honest it felt depressing - this color makes me want to sing!
This is the front room and the first thing you see when walking in the door (to the right) - how much do we love these windows?? SO MUCH.
Lily's enjoying it so far... the bits of random paper that are torn to shreds are pieces of an old National Geographic - we're getting her started early ;)
There's a fireplace in the front room, and it is deliciously warm when fired up (haha fired up!)... and yes I was watching The Majestic - love that movie.
This was the original family that lived here. That whole wall used to be mahogany...
This is what it looks like now, we wanted more 'bookcase' so we took the doors off of the middle (the top were already gone) and painted it white cause it was that same pinky beige color as in the front room. I love how it turned out... now we just need more books :)
The kitchen in all of it's glory. Ok, um, dishwashers are awesome. We painted it this yummy lemon color, love.
Lily's room, sorry it's so squished, I'll try and get a better picture of it later.
This is the view out of Lily's windows, sigh.
Ahem... and those blossoms on the tree? Peaches. PEACHES!!!!
This is another photograph from the original owner. We're planning on printing these and putting them in the house somewhere.

And this is what the house looks like now. An addition was put on quite a few years ago that has the master bedroom, bathroom and laundry room where the garage used to be.
This bird bath is getting a-lot of traffic lately, it's so fun to watch!
Yes, there is a doghouse in the backyard ;)...
Ok, so I know there are some rooms/bathrooms I left out and perhaps once we finally get our room put together I'll post a picture but this is the gist. We are SO grateful to be in this house and I feel like I'm pinching myself everyday to make sure that it's real. Sooo, if you're ever in the area and need a place to stay we do have a spare bedroom up for grabs and if it's during the summer you can be sure that bbq is on the menu!!! Huzzah!
















WONDERFUL!! I love it! I totally get the falling in love with a quaint house. The pictures are so cool to have of the original owners. And I love the colors you painted.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your house!! I love the color you chose, I saw it once on HGTV in a remodel they were doing and loved the clean/fresh look of it, way to go! And how awesome is it you have pictures of the original house and of it being built? I adore the one of it being built with the old Ford Model T car in it, that tells you for sure just how old it is, so cool! I cant wait to personally come see it, enjoy every moment of it!!
ReplyDeleteWhat the buying-house-ness? so jealous. It looks totally nice and huge?!
ReplyDeleteHow are people buying houses?
Looks darling, enjoy!
I love the house and the pictures and everything!!! I am so excited for you all!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute, congrats on the new home! You always take such fun pictures! Glad you are doing so well!
ReplyDeleteSoo happy for you guys! I love it! Especially the backyard! Rooommy! :)
ReplyDeleteYour pictures make your life look so wonderful. I think I need to practice finding "the shot" in normal life. Love the house- so cool. You guys got style.
ReplyDelete