Thursday, June 3, 2010
our baby is motion sick
We went for a nice drive yesterday - a nice ultra swervy and curvy drive up American Fork Canyon. Lily was grumping in the back seat which is really nothing new, the kid hates being strapped in - oh joy. So we were doing our best to enjoy some nice conversation while she whimpered and fussed, I even gave her a bottle of juice to "soothe" her.
And then quite suddenly I hear this (I won't trouble you with a descriptive word) noise coming from the back seat. As I glance back I see our little miss Lily, the cute petite one, the one that couldn't possibly do anything gross - I see this one, puke. all. over. herself... and the carseat. Everything and I do mean everything she had for dinner now sat on her front. I'm of course freaking out, because MY BABY JUST THREW UP EVERYWHERE!!
So we stopped the car and I pulled out a large package of wipes (which I almost didn't bring on our little jaunt PHEW!) and began cleaning the poor thing up as she's really really crying now. After the initial shock of what happened cleared away she found that she felt SO much better and she started laughing and cooing again. We wracked our brains trying to think if there was anything in what we fed her that could have made her up-chuck, all we could come up with was that she must have gotten motion sick and done what all of us dread doing when we start feeling that way. Lose it all. It's not too surprising that this happened to our little one. I mean, I was even feeling sick to my stomach but the poor dear doesn't speak in full sentences so how were we to know that those little whimpers were really her screaming, 'I'm gonna PUUUUKKKE! roll down the freaking windows!' How do you sign that in baby sign language? I feel like that's something we should work on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I agree, mind reading would definitely be a useful skill to have as a parent--I'll have some of that! Poor little babe, but see, she pulled back into her cheerful little self in no time, it's alright.
ReplyDelete