Tuesday, June 1, 2010

good ol' mother nature

I love summer.  It's pretty much the best season there is.  I also love holidays, especially ones that require us to look at what we have and realize how wonderful it is and how much people sacrificed for it.  Memorial Day.

Kyle and I took a hike the morning of Memorial Day and it was gorgeous!  I'm not sure, I think I may have taken a bazillion shots of trees and beautiful morning light becoming magic together - so much magic!  It was especially wonderful because we got up to the Timp Trail (we hiked to Stewart Falls) before the gigantic crowd did, most of which we saw on our way back.  So we were just strolling and taking pictures and soaking in the earth's beauty.  sigh.  I told Kyle if it weren't for the whole bathroom/shower/bed/cozy thing I'd be living in the woods just so I could enjoy it every morning.

Lily really enjoyed herself as well, we stuck her in the backpack and she did pretty darn good and even fell asleep amidst the constant bump bump bump of Kyle's footsteps on the way back.














she was seriously loving it.




this was the path we got to walk down on the hike, um gorgeous right?








that's the 'not happy' face - it's usually accompanied by audible snorts... hilarious.






this picture is proof that lily is growing hair, not much - but some :) ... the wind noticed.



Happy Memorial Day America!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I LOVE Stewart Falls! And way to get some great shots of all of you- it seems like most of them are of Lily and either you or Kyle are hiding in the shadows somewhere. :) And I love the snorty face. :)

    PS- Ry and I carved our initials on one of those trees on that gorgeous little path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures!! Wow, so gorgeous. You have the cutest lil' family. So, um, I will get to emailing you sometime this week! It's kind of funny that we saw each other in March and then haven't emailed since!!!

    ReplyDelete